Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

- John 14:6


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Here We Go....

As I sit here today, and try to enjoy my life .... it's hard. I just keep asking God - WHY? Why must he take such a young life? Why does he make it so hard? Why does he put us through such pain? But these questions are questions that we will never know the answer to. His love for us and His plans for us are so much bigger and greater for us to ever understand. As Christian's, we have to put our Faith and Trust in Him and believe that His plan is the best, not just for us, but for everyone around us (and this is one of the hardest parts of being a Christian).

Today my heart aches. My heart aches for a family and a young man that I have NEVER EVEN met. My family and I have been praying for this young man for 3, or so, months, just asking God daily to heal him. Hearing my 12 year old and 8 year old pray nightly for Logan Shelton, melted my heart every time! But yesterday God decided otherwise....He took sweet Logan to heaven to be another one of beautiful angels.

The love that the people of Effingham County has shown the last 3 months for The Shelton family, has been astonishing. This community has really pulled together, and I am happy to say that I live here. The love, the support, the gifts but MOST IMPORTANTLY the prayers that this family has had the last few months amazes me. People they don't even know have been praying daily for them and their family. That is nothing but GOD'S LOVE SHINING!

I have always enjoyed reading and writing poems (I am not the best by far), but I do enjoy it. I always feel better after writing my thoughts or worries down. So today, I just sat down and I wrote a poem to this Sweet Logan. I just feel like I know this child....even though I have never met him. My heart just aches and cries for him, his family and his friends. God Bless The Shelton Family and Friends as they endure these difficult days ahead!




L6S





So sad I never met you,


your days were Oh so few.


You were loved by so many,


you never even knew.





I've prayed and prayed and prayed for you,


and patiently waited for your debut.


Only to be told by God,


that He had other plans for you.



The love in this community


amazes me today.


Everywhere you turn and look,


your name is on display.





People will stop and ask why it hurts me so,


when you were someone I didn't even know.


The answer to their question,


is so simple and true.....


You remind me of my own son,


who's love shines through his eyes of Blue!





To know you was to love you,


that's what everyone has to say.


Jesus loved you more on this very day.


He grew you big wings for you to fly,


to watch over your family and friends


by and by.





"Here we Go"


is a phrase they say you always said.


Now your legacy will live on and on,


but THIS PHRASE WILL NEVER BE DEAD!


By: Carrie Ramirez





Love Always,


Carrie & family


R.I.P. Logan Shelton


(the boy I will get to meet one day)!

1 comment:

gail said...

I claim you as my daughter every day of your life but I know you really belong to God. Your thought and poem are so inspiring and I am so proud how the Lord is working in you life.

"there is only ONE thing you can take to Heaven .....you kids". Because of you and Jose' I will see all of you in heaven....

As always....."take me along in your heart"
Mom