It's official........Jose has been released, by his Dr., to go back to work on the streets.
I have such mixed emotions about this. I'm so HAPPY for Jose, cause he gets to go back to the job that he loves so much. After waiting and thinking that he physically wouldn't ever be able to go back to the streets. And after being so physically and mentally torn down! Here he goes! Some don't understand and will never understand Jose's love for his job. But me, on the other hand, I know and completely understand! I see the glow and sparkle in his eyes as he puts on his uniform. Or even when he's just talking about his job, he gets so gitty - like a child with a new toy! THIS IS WHY I HAVE TO BE HAPPY!!!!!
God has created such special men and women to have jobs of this sort - and through my eyes - they are called Heroes!
I know some of you are reading this and are thinking "Is she CRAZY?!" (for being upset). But none of you will ever know or understand how I feel (unless, maybe my fellow cop wives)! It's not easy being a wife of a cop. I know, I know it could be much worse! He could be going off to fight in the war in another country - for a year at a time. (My hat goes off to those families for sure)! But I Thank God he isn't.....I think my family would have to admit me to a mental institute if he was!
The last 11 months have just been AMAZING! We (as a family) HAVE GROWN SO MUCH!!! Not only with each other, but in God! We have been able to spend SO much time together and do such amazing things! I wouldn't have traded it for the world! In all the years of being married and having a family, Jose has always worked shift work or worked long hours, so he hasn't been with us in every adventure! But to me the last 11 months have really made up for that! WE have been able to go and do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted, without stopping and having to look at the calendar to see if "Daddy has to work"! IT HAS BEEN A TRUE BLESSING!
Jose not going back to work IS NOT AN OPTION - IT'S LIFE! So I have to get over this and I will. It's just gonna take me a little bit of time to get back into the swing of things without him being there so much! I will be okay! But right now for my friends and family that are reading this: I ask for your Prayers! Not just for me and my strength to get past this, but for our kids strength and understanding (they aren't liking this either), ALSO for Jose and his safety. It's not a safe world out there, so please keep him in your daily prayers - TO BE SAFE ON THE STREETS!
LOVE TO ALL,
4 comments:
Carrie,
I can only imagine your fear. I can only imagine the worry. Remember that Christ says, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6
Pray each and every minute if you need to for Jose's safety. Pray that the Lord will help you trust Him.
Maybe the 11 months was to prepare your family's heart for Christ so that Jose can be an ambassador for Christ in ALL that he does..."We are ambassadors for Christ" 2Cor 5:20..with each person he meets on the street. We are Jesus' hands, feets, mouths, lips, etc. The Lord will protect Jose. I trust HIM on this. HE has molded Jose into a man of God who can wear this armor of God and spread the word so faithfully.
This IS a big deal. It is on your heart. He is your husband...and YES he is a hero. I will commit to pray for him and his safety...along with peace for you.
I love you Carrie. I am here for you!
I can't say I understand your feelings, but I sympathize. I know when our son-in-law changed from a deputy sheriff patrol to a detective job, our daughter Melissa was really excited.
Maybe I do understand, because my Dad was in the Army and I spent my kindergarten year with him in Korea and my sixth grade year with him in Vietnam. I'll never forget the day he came home from Vietnam. Wow. It was 40 years ago, and I can remember it like it was yesterday.
It must be a bittersweet time for your family, I'll be praying for you guys!
I will be praying for all of your family. I know how hard it is not to have that person by your side all of the time. But I also know that there are certain people in the world for certain jobs, and you said it best Hereos!! I bet the last 11 months have been the best! You have to remember those times and Cherish the moments he is home with you and the kids.
I can understand because my husband is in the military. We have been together for 11 years and I know how hard it is on you and the families. The first time he left I cried alot, the second I drank ALOT. And not he is scheduled to go again. I was telling him the other day, as much as I don't like the deployments or the time apart and I can't imagine him doing anythng else. He loves his job as I am sure Jose does. Something you need to remember is Love with all your heart, Cherish every moment, and have Faith. This is something I have learned over the past couple of years. Because in the end it is out of our hand and we have to Trust that God will bring them back home where they belong. Take care and I will be praying for Jose!
Kristy Clark McLaughlin
Post a Comment